Friday, December 29, 2006

My personal love/hate relationship with Christmas

Ok. I'm a sap. I love the whole put up a tree, hang lights, Christmas carol singing, goodwill toward men, yada yada yada aspect of Christmas. I hate the traffic down M59 (major street a couple miles long packed on either side with every known store AND a major mall), the dumb buying any present just to have one without any thought, dealing with evil SIL and family and crazy dad. Now don't get me wrong, I pretty much had to buy all my presents the week of Christmas because with both boys sick all month, the thought of leaving the house was very scary.

It was pretty fun watching Louie open his enourmous pile of gifts over the three day present a thon that is Christmas at our house. You walk in our front door and it looks like toys r us spewed all over.

I loved the fact that Louie finally started getting in the spirit a little bit. We watched the Polar Express movie pretty much everyday.

John is finally starting to sit unsupported. And is very good at his lizardlike-belly on the ground crawl. Tommorow is his birthday. I'll be glad when December is over.......

No comments: